This plan is our way of managing health and safety for everyone in our practice environment, and aims to prevent the transmission of communicable illness. This plan was determined by following requirements and recommendations from the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC), the BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC.
We ask that you take the following points into consideration:
Any duration of treatment that we offer is considered a “long duration” when it comes to COVID-19 transmission.
Physical distancing is not possible in a treatment room; this means that adherence to other protocols we have becomes that much more important.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PREVENTION PLAN
(updated January 28, 2022)
What precautions the clinic and individual RMTs are taking to protect you:
1. Your RMT completes a COVID screening (similar to those sent to patients) every morning they are scheduled to work. If your therapist does not pass their screening, their patients for the day are cancelled and scenario dependent action is taken. *If you would like to see your practitioner's screening of the day, please do not hesitate to ask*
2. All RMTs are wearing either 3 layered cloth masks, or a surgical/medical grade mask.
3. As always, RMTs are following appropriate hand washing protocol pre and post treatment, and throughout the day as additionally required.
4. All linens are single use only. No linen on the treatment table is ever used more than once.
5. Treatment equipment and supplies (table, headrest, arm rests, chairs, bins, etc.) are all sanitized between appointments.
6. High touch areas throughout the clinic are sanitized regularly.
What we expect of our patients:
1. 48 hours prior to your appointment you will receive a COVID screening via email. It is mandatory that this be completed no later than 2 hours prior to your treatment. To avoid a late cancellation fee should you not pass your COVID screening, we ask that you please complete your screening outside of our 24 hour late cancellation window. Non-completion will result in cancellation of your appointment, and will incur a late cancellation fee. We expect full transparency when it comes to filling out your COVID screening honestly and accurately.
2. If you arrive for your appointment exhibiting any symptoms of communicable disease, you will be sent home and charged the full cost of your scheduled appointment.
3. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early. Your therapist has a lot of cleaning to do between appointments, and we are trying to reduce patient to patient contact in our reception area.
4. Patients are encouraged to arrive unaccompanied for their appointment unless you require a parent/guardian or you need assistance.
5. Upon entry to the clinic, we ask that you either wash or sanitize your hands.
6. As we are a healthcare setting, mask wearing is still mandatory AT ALL TIMES within the clinic. Please don your mask prior to entry. Do not remove your mask in the presence of your therapist unless expressly asked to do so. If you have questions about what kinds of masks are acceptable, please refer to our FAQ page. *If you are uncomfortable lying face down with your mask on during treatment, please talk to your RMT and they will be happy to suggest other options for positioning*
PLEASE NOTE: failure to comply with any of our safety protocols will result in termination of treatment, and may incur the full cost of treatment.
What happens in the event of a COVID Policy Violation?
First violation: verbal or written warning and possible action taken.
Second violation: action taken.
Third violation: termination of therapeutic relationship.