This plan is our way of managing health and safety for everyone in our practice environment, and aims to prevent the transmission of communicable illness. This plan was determined by following requirements and recommendations from the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC (RMTBC), the BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE PREVENTION PLAN
(updated October 4, 2022)
What precautions the clinic and individual RMTs are taking to protect you:
1. Your RMT screens themselves for symptoms of Communicable Disease daily before coming into the clinic. If your therapist is exhibiting any signs or symptoms of communicable disease, their patients for the day are cancelled and scenario dependent action is taken.
2. All of our RMTs wear either 3 layered cloth masks, or a surgical/medical grade mask when in the clinic.
3. As always, RMTs are following appropriate hand washing protocol pre and post treatment, and throughout the day as additionally required.
4. All linens are single use only. No linen on the treatment table is ever used more than once.
5. Treatment equipment and supplies (table, headrest, arm rests, chairs, bins, etc.) are all sanitized between appointments.
6. High touch areas throughout the clinic are sanitized regularly.
What we expect of our patients:
1. 48 hours prior to your appointment you will receive a Communicable Disease Screening via email. It is mandatory that this be completed by no later than 2 hours prior to your treatment. To avoid a late cancellation fee should you not pass your screening, we ask that you please complete your screening outside of our 24 hour late cancellation window. Non-completion will result in cancellation of your appointment, and will incur a late cancellation fee. We expect full transparency when it comes to filling out your Communicable Disease Screening screening honestly and accurately. If your screening changes at all between the time of completion and your scheduled appointment, please contact the clinic via email.
2. If you arrive for your appointment exhibiting any symptoms of communicable disease, you will be sent home and charged the full cost of your scheduled appointment.
3. Please do not arrive early for your appointment; if you arrive more than 5 minutes prior treatment time you will be asked to wait outside. The time between treatments is allocated to your RMT for sanitization, room set up, and any additional between treatment tasks that your RMT normally has.
4. Patients are encouraged to arrive unaccompanied for their appointment unless you require a parent/guardian or you need assistance.
5. Upon entry to the clinic, you will be asked to either wash or sanitize your hands.
6. As we are a healthcare setting, and work within very close proximity with our patients for long durations, we still require mask wearing AT ALL TIMES within the clinic. This means that masking is required for the duration of your treatment as well as when within common spaces in the clinic. If you have questions about what kinds of masks are acceptable, please refer to our FAQ page. *If you are uncomfortable lying face down with your mask on during treatment, please talk to your RMT and they will be happy to suggest other options for positioning*
We so appreciate you respecting and adhering to our protocols; we recognize that they are strict. Protecting the health and safety of all of our patients and therapists has always been our highest priority, and we thank you for doing your part.
PLEASE NOTE: failure to comply with any of our safety protocols will result in termination of treatment, and may incur the full cost of treatment.